Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Review: Coaster by Lorena Bathey


18086329Honestly, the reason this book caught my interest was because of the cover. I know I know, we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover and whatnot, but sometimes a cover just catches your eye and makes you want to read the book before even knowing what it's about. I absolutely love simple yet eye-catching covers. So that is what sparked my interest and then after reading the blurb, I definitely wanted to read it.


When a bomb explodes at an amusement park eight people are killed. This tragedy and loss will change the lives of those who loved and lost them. What happens when disaster touches someone's life? Will it inspire them? Destroy them? Or change them? A character study of grief, loss, and finding your way through tragedy, follow the survivors as they work to move forward when their life is abruptly shattered.


This book has a little bit of everything: suspense, mystery, crime and a very realistic and charming romance (my favourite part!). It starts off through the villain's point of view and the reader gets a glimpse into how the villain's mind works. By the end of the first chapter there's a lot of anticipation because we know something horrible is going to happen.

The thing I liked about this novel is that it was very direct. There were no dull moments, every single thing led the story forward. Often books are full of back-stories and unnecessary details which drag the story but this book is very fast paced. The characters are all so real and I got attached to them quickly, despite knowing some horrible stuff is going to happen to them soon. I really enjoyed how each character was introduced into the story and they all had something unique about them which made them memorable.

This book kept me on the edge with the suspense and also made me teary with all the emotional trauma that came after the tragedy. The ending was very satisfying and had me smiling. It was a very realistic story and an easy-read because it's pretty short. I would definitely recommend this novel for people who like to read thrillers and crime stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment