Sunday, February 2, 2014

PurpleMist's Life Update #3

It has been over a year since my last life update. Back then I was just a few months into my degree course and looking forward to 2013. I actually followed through with my plan to do the 2013 memory jar project. However, instead of collecting memories in a jar, I used a box, here's a photo I took after a few months of 2013 (different coloured papers for different months). I switched to writing down memories as notes on my phone instead to save time and because I'm lazy.

Now I'm half way through university and currently having a 2 week holiday after completing the third semester. So happy to get this break so I can waste time and be lazy because the exams were super stressful.  During exam time I was so busy and tired and had so much shit to do, but now I'm so free I just walk around the house feeling out of place because there's literally NOTHING to do and I'm not used to this and I'm SO BORED. I don't have a car right now so I'm stuck at home a lot. So this is probably why I'm back on blogger (finally). I'm even willing to try out twitter just so I have more pointless stuff to do on the internet.



2013 was a pretty good year overall. A lot of things changed and I miss a lot of people (as always). Most importantly, I had an awesome summer back in my hometown when I attended my cousin's wedding. Dressing up is always fun :) On the right is a photo of my favourite  hairdo from one of the main wedding events, a waterfall braid!

----

I finished watching One Tree Hill and it's the first (drama based) TV show that actually taught me about life, family and love. And the finale was super inspiring, the whole story wrapped up very nicely. I'm glad I actually learned so much just by sitting down and staring at my laptop screen. Highly recommended show!
It’s the oldest story in the world. One day you’re 17 and planning for someday. And then quietly and without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And then someday is yesterday. And this is your life. -Nathan Scott
----


I also did some baking:


----

Hope you guys are having a great 2014 so far and I wish you the best of luck for the rest of the year ♥

50 comments:

  1. omg omg. i found someone who luvss one tree hill tooooo .. I havnt seen the finale ..blaahhh... it has started all over again ...n im super hooked n glued.. I luv nathan and haley.. they are just so lovelyyy :)

    you bake !!! wow, i envy you. my baking episodes have been disasters!!!! sigh.. looks yummmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch the finale, it's perfecttt :)
      I love Nathan and Haley too!

      Thanks for the comment :D

      Delete
  2. Okay, so once I finish drooling over the food, I shall type a decent comment. Or maybe I'll just continue drooling.

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That braid is perfection!!!!! And those cookies look delish man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the fact that you've quoted nathan scott.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, there are so many quote-able moments in OTH!

      Delete
  5. I love the waterfall braid, but grr, nothing stays put in my hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, mine got messy after a few hours too :P

      Delete
  6. I love the braid. I try and get my hair into something like that, but ends up looking worse!! Nice to find your blog. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the idea of putting good memories in a box.. So did you read everything on new year's eve ??
    You bake cake, cookies and cupcakes :) :)..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually not in the mood to read it all on new year's eve :P
      Haha, but I will be reading it soon!

      Delete
  8. And I just can't wait to get into a university. Oh I loved that braid. I am going to try it too but I recently got a haircut so I ll have to wait. I will do this jar thing from 2015 probably. Oh my friends watched that too. I think I should watch it too. I used to watch Grey's Anatomy but I left it because of exams and stuff. Good luck for this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do the jar thing and you should definitely watch OTH :D
      Thanks, you too :)

      Delete
  9. Sweet and simple post. Love the images :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Memory Jar....that's a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SHEBANG. Seeing those baked goods makes me want to eat my screen. I may not be in uni, but I understand that particular type of boredom - felt it after my high school exams finished. It's funny because I had a whole list of movies to watch and stuff to write about... and I didn't do any of it. Huh.

    Also, I like your handwritten memory box :) It's so purdy. I mean, it's great you continued it on your phone... BUT IT LOOKS BETTER ON THE BOX! I wish I had remembered this and done it this year. Damn. Maybe I'll start when uni starts. It's a neat idea ^_^

    I'm probably not going to watch One Tree Hill because I never seem to watch anything these days...

    And that's my notreallyrunning commentary. Hope you find more cool stuff to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have a lot of things to do during the holidays too, but end up not doing everything no matter how much time I've got.

      Hahaha, yeah it's better in the box. Yesss do it for your uni memories :D

      Delete
  12. The pictures of the baking goodies, made me forget what I had to comment :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need a step by step procedure of how the braid was made :D

    The baked goodies look yummy! Wow, quite a talent you are :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm sure there are loads of tutorials on youtube :P

      Thanks :)

      Delete
  14. Wow those baked goods looked awesome! :D Let's exchange recipes sometime (I'm trying to bake as well hehe!).

    Also, ONE TREE HILL IS DEFINITELY THE BOMB! It might take a while to actually watch everything, but all episodes are just worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to exchange recipes :D
      And yayyy, glad to know another OTH fan!

      Delete
  15. nice blog! enjoyed the visit here...

    ReplyDelete
  16. 2013 was a disaster for me. 2014 has been much better in comparison so far.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cakes look divine. And you've beautiful hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your year sounds wonderful, glad you got to live it. And that hairdo! Woah! Hope 2014 is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not bad for a comeback post @Purplemist.. and ey, by the way thanks for dropping by on my blog ♥

    _wish you all the best in the rest of your university life ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cupcakes look delicious! And the hairdo was really pretty <3
    This post makes me smile :) Have a wonderful day lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. CONGRATUALATIONSSSS :P , - http://sameoldnewstuff.blogspot.in/2014/02/tmi.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow that hairdo was really nice wish I could do that with my hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. *gasp* Are those cupcakes I see?! Now I'm going to be craving them for the rest of the day :)
    ~Lyn
    lynloveswolves.blogspot.ca
    P.S. I'm new on blogger, and I'd appreciate it if you followed me back. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good to learn more about your life - I hope it keeps bringing you adventures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ever wanted to get free Twitter Followers?
    Did you know that you can get them ON AUTO-PILOT AND ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE by getting an account on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete
  26. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you need to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Get your ex back with TEXT messages?

    ReplyDelete