Friday, November 15, 2013

10 Awesome TV Shows!

File:Sherlock titlecard.jpg 1. Sherlock
Recently started watching and love it! I'm still catching up with the episodes (so please no spoilers :P). I've had this series with me for a long long time, but resisted watching because.. let's face it, I watch way too many shows already. So glad I finally watched it. Definitely the wittiest show on this list! 


File:Gossip Girl title card.jpg
 2. Gossip Girl
Before I started watching this show, I kind of used to look down on it. I assumed it was all just stereotypical highschool/ teen drama, which it was, but I found there was so much more to it. Even the ending was satisfying, since we actually find out who gossip girl is.
 

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1b/BigBangTheoryTitleCard.png/250px-BigBangTheoryTitleCard.png
3. The Big Bang Theory
Feels like I've been watching this show for years, and it's good to see the characters change and grow. A great comedy to balance out all the drama-centred shows that I watch.


File:New Girl Intertitle.png
4. New Girl
I've watched the first two seasons multiple times, I just don't get sick of it! Love the characters and the different stories in every episode, so funny. It's such a great show, though I  still need to catch up on season 3! 


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/The_O.C_Intro.jpg5. The OC
I had no idea what to expect when I started watching this show, but I ended up getting hooked from the first episode. Its another high school show but doesn't focus much on the school part, instead its more about growing up and finding yourself. Also, I love Summer and Seth.


File:The Vampire Diaries (title card).png 
6. The Vampire Diaries
Just when I think this show is getting dull, there's a huge plot twist and I'm back to loving it. Love all the charaters and the back stories and the consistently good plot. Also, the spin off series, The Originals, is great too!


File:One Tree Hill original opening credits.jpg7. One Tree Hill
It has 9 seasons in total, and I'm still on season 5, so far its pretty good. Sometimes I love it and sometimes it drags, but its mostly just a great drama series with realistic storylines. Much better than shows like 90210, which are so stereotypical and repetitive. 

8. Pretty Little Liars
This show has a little bit of everything: romance, suspense, horror, mystery. But it's mainly mystery and keeps us on edge about what terrible thing is going to happen next.
Definitely worth watching!

File:Friends titles.jpg
9. Friends
My favourite show! I can literally watch Friends everyday and not get bored of it. Haven't come across a show as original and funny and heartwarming as this one. I was so sad it ended on season 10. But then I started watching it all over again :D



10. Suggestions? Let me know what other show(s) you think should be on this list! 

14 comments:

  1. I think Breaking Bad and The Office should top this list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm thinking about watching Breaking Bad if I get the time!

      Delete
  2. Dr Who! If you think Sherlock is good, Dr Who is just as good. It's witty, it's smart, it's imaginative, it's joyful and tear jerking. It's the best of British.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I feel like there's SO MUCH Dr Who, I wouldn't know how to start watching it :P

      Delete
  3. Archer, Dexter, Breaking Bad, and Arrested Development.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the additions! Haven't heard of Arrested Development, I'll check it out :)

      Delete
  4. Yeah, the only one I've really watched on this list is Friends ^_^ And I second the call for DEXTER! Lurrrr-v Dexter. You mentioned that you were a bit slow on starting on some TV shows because you watch heaps already... that's pretty much why I don't usually watch a lot. There are so many, and I don't like the THOUGHT of getting hooked.

    Hm, but of the ones I do watch.. well, yes, Dexter. Supernatural and Full House '_' (That's almost contradictory isn't it? Dexter and Full House? :P) ... I think that's all I really properly watch. But I intend to watch other stuff, now that school's over :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, seems like Dexter is pretty popular!
      Yeah I don't like the thought of getting hooked either, I feel like I'm just setting myself up for HOURS of procrastination :P

      Delete
  5. Once Upon A Time! Really love that series coz it actually brings out the kid out of you. :)
    Modern Family too! Really good show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I've heard of Once Upon A Time, might give it a try!

      Delete
  6. I have got insomnia so to kill the time at night I usually watch all these TV shows which I recorded earlier. Thanks for the reviews on those TV serials.

    Regards,
    Finn Felton

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1) Breaking Bad
    2) Modern Family
    3) Hannibal
    4) Who's Line Is It Anyway?
    5) New Girl
    6) Castle
    7) Game of Thrones
    8) Spartacus

    in no particular order...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I love Who's line is it anyway? :D

      Delete