Sunday, September 1, 2013

SKINS Season 7- Review.

Skinsschermata.jpg
Source: Wikipedia

Skins is a British teen drama about average teenagers dealing with issues such as: dysfunctional families, mental illnesses, eating disorders, substance abuse, death and bullying. It has six seasons and every two seasons the show introduces a new generation of characters. Out of the 3 generations, I only watched the first 2 (because something happened at the end of the second generation that broke my heart and I couldn't continue watching any more, it's a very overwhelming show).
The TV series ended after season 6 and I kind of forgot about it until I saw a post on Tumblr stating that Skins was returning for a final season which will feature some of my favourite characters: Effy, Cassie and Cook. Needless to say, fans of the show such as myself were extremely excited. We had high expectations and I was really hoping this last season tie up some of the lose ends in the previous seasons.

Season 7 was... interesting, for a lack of a better word. I was very grateful for the return of the show and it was definitely good to see the characters (who were just teenagers previously) now fighting to survive in the world of adulthood. However, to me the entire season was very gloomy with only one sort-of happy conclusion. I just felt heartbroken all over again, and not in the good way. There was no mention at all of what happened at the end of season 4 (don't wait to spoil it for those who haven't watched). In season 7, a lot of shit happened to the characters and to the new characters introduced in this season. It was all very depressing.

Overall, I think season 7 was a let down. It was great on it's own but there was almost no connection to the previous seasons, which is all I really wanted from this final season.

Have you ever been disappointed at the way a tv show ended?
And if you've watched it, what did you think of Skins season 7?
I'd love to hear your views!

---

ONE day left to enter my giveaway!
Also I'm just one follower away from 200, wow!
:D

7 comments:

  1. I have heard of Skins, but not properly, like, I never figured out what it was about. And judging by that overwhelming end to ... season 2? Well, I don't think I want to put myself through that.

    I don't really watch that many TV shows, but hm, I don't think I've been too disappointed. Saddened, yes, BIG TIME. But not disappointed. Like, I finished season 5 of Dexter, and my favourite character is leaving, which makes me supser sad so I haven't brought myself to watch season 6, but like the end to season 4, I'll get over it and watch the next season eventually ^_^

    But it's amazing how close you can get to fiction, to TV shows and books and movies, huh? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. End to season 4 (generation 2) :P Hahaha
      Yes I know what you mean, haven't watched Dexter though.

      Lol, yes it's amazing, sometimes I care more about fictional characters than actual people :P

      Delete
  2. Sounds interesting enough to give it a quick peek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of TV series but shame on me, I never had the chance to download and watch this one.

    Would probably go on a torrent spree soon! He he! :)
    http://theyellowpadchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard about Skin, but sound interesting!:)
    Would you want to follow each other!?:)

    ReplyDelete