Tuesday, January 1, 2013

PurpleMist's Life Update #2

I love this!
I haven't posted in ages... I'm not sure if I even know how to blog any more...  A lot has changed since my previous life update, so I guess its time for another one :)

The super long holiday is finally over! My university course started in late September so that's what I've been up to for the last 3 months. I'm now studying business management and marketing.

My first semester is ending soon which means I have exams coming up (starting exactly a week from now, yay -.-). I still procrastinate way too much. But it's hard to find the motivation to study when pretty much everyone I know is on holiday.

On a more positive note, I've met some lovely people and college life is surprisingly good! :D



- - - -

I shared a quote in my last life update and now I'm reading the book it was from: Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer. I fell in love with the author before even reading his work because on the dedication page. It said: For Nicole, my idea of beautiful.
Nicole is his wife. Awww.
The author truly has a way with words. Sometimes I read a sentence, pause, then go back and read it again, simply because the way it's written is too perfect.
“I like to see people reunited, I like to see people run to each other, I like the kissing and the crying, I like the impatience, the stories that the mouth can't tell fast enough, the ears that aren't big enough, the eyes that can't take in all of the change, I like the hugging, the bringing together, the end of missing someone.”
 - - - -


I was in a street market when I came across a cute little stall with all this pretty vintage jewellery. After looking at the card (picture below) I realised I knew this blog because of a giveaway I entered a couple of months ago. I remembered falling in love with everything in this blogger's Etsy shop. I didn't win the giveaway so when I realised she was at the street market, I felt so happy! Below is the picture of the necklace I bought, it was so hard to pick one. If you're interested in this kind of stuff, check out her blog or etsy shop.


- - - -

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Like most people, it's hard for me to make new years resolutions and actually stick with them. So I was glad when I came across this wonderful idea:


It's such a nice concept. Reflecting back on 2012, I can remember a lot of good things that happened, but I'm sure there are tonnes that I have forgotten already because I never thought to write them down. I think I will use this 'memory jar' not just for good things, but also to write about little moments that made me smile. I wish I had done this in 2012 so I could read and remember all the memories of things that happened.
If you guys like this idea, give it a go :)

- - - -

I wish you all the best of luck for 2013 :) And hopefully after exams I can get back to reading your blogs. Can't wait! I've missed this ♥

45 comments:

  1. Seriously, you took your own sweet time -_-' I missed you! But I will be Kind and Understanding and accept the fact you have a Life :P

    Anyhow, that book is one I want to read - or anything by that author. I remember reading some quotes from him ages ago and I fell in love with him too x)

    The jewellary is pretty, but I'm not a jewellary person.

    I hope you have a lovely year ahead, and good luck with your exams. The little jar idea is wonderful, I hope you end up with lots of awesome moments and memories (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I missed you too!

      Yesss, I see quotes from him all the time, this book is definitely worth reading so you should read it :D

      Haha, thanksss :)

      Delete
    2. Hey you! You don't post enough, but I nominated you for an award: http://impossibly-tiger.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/liebstered.html#comment-form

      I hope it'll make you post again soon :P

      Delete
  2. That bag is to die for!

    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been ages! Thought you'd forgotten all about this place but glad you're back!
    The jar idea is so cool but I'll probably do that with my journal...a jar is an open invitation for Snoopers in the house!:)
    Happy New Year!
    And this time please don't disappear for long periods of time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha... oh yes, I have to be careful of the snoopers :P
      Yes yes, I won't disappear. Back to blogging once exams are over :)

      Delete
  4. Business management and marketing...that's so similar to what I am doing right now.
    Good to know that you are enjoying college life. :)
    Happy new year to you! Have loads of fun this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dammit! Now I have another book to add to my To Read list! And I already have 10 I need to finish before buying more! This way I'll never get to those Harry Potter books!

    The jewelry is lovely, I'm checking out the Etsy shop.

    Also, I'm doing the Happiness Jar as well!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I have loads of books on my list too :D
      You are? great! :D

      Delete
  6. Cool! I've heard of that book. People say it's amazing, so I suppose I really should check it out. At the moment, I'm reading The Time Traveller's Wife. :) If you haven't read it yet, I suggest you do. It's great!!
    What a pretty necklace! :D Good luck on studying. :)
    Happy New Year!
    -Jodie-Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should definitely check it out :D
      Ahh ok, I've watched the movie already, and I always try to read the book before the movie haha.
      Thanks! :)

      P.S. I'm seeing you on blogger after so long! :O Have u started blogging again? I hope so :D

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year. :)

    This year All I want to do is READ BOOKS. and now you have added one more on my list :)

    and I lurveee that bag. :) I want it. which shop? :D

    and I think of doing the same for this year. I just neeeda jar. :D

    http://miss-ridx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha sounds like its gonna be a good year for u :P

      No idea which shop the bag is from! I just came across this picture.

      Get a jar :D

      Delete
  8. Ooooh. That book seems interesting :D
    I'm still reading paper towns.
    Hahaa, I like how we both become so busy with uni once we start =P I only blogged once though after I started my hols =P
    The necklace is so pretty D:
    Not gna click on the links though, or else I'd be stuck on etsy, again. For the millionth time.
    *sad face*

    I'm proud to say I haven't missed a day yet for my jar journal this year =)
    *Must keep this up*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss you should read it!
      hahaa yeah you abandoned your blog :P

      Wow! You're adding to it every day? that's awesome :D

      Delete
  9. I wish you the same :)
    Good luck for your exams by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post. I wish you will get the best for your all project plan

    ReplyDelete
  11. saw this blogger's shop online. Does she really makes the jewelries on her own? They look really great. :)

    The new year's resolution is a good idea. It's always great to have an attitude of gratitude whenever something ends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she makes them herself :)

      Yes, exactly!

      Delete
  12. Need to catch up some shopping, you have reminded me of it now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, girl! That knapsack is super cute. Anyways, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying college life!

    The quote you shared is lovely! I've yet to read the book, but I'll be sure to put it on my list. I'm doing the memory jar idea too! :)

    P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    - B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    TWEET | ADD | LIKE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh knapsack, now I know what it's called! Haha thanks :P

      No problem :)

      Delete
  14. Welcome back! Good to see an old blogger return. I too am back in classes so we'll suffer together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome baaack :D Love the rucksack and goodluck for the new year :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here's welcoming the co-purple worldly creature! :D :)
    Amazing blog! seems like this is a welcome back!
    Hop in! we're out for a world of stories ;)

    Take Care :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! I'm new to blogworld--and I love yours!!

    Keep posting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyouuu :) and welcome to blogging!

      Delete
  18. I'm glad to see things are going well for you! sorry I haven't visited in a while, I took a break from blogging, but I'm back!
    hope you're having a great day!
    Juliet
    www.apurplesky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. any plan to return to blogging ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yesss, i've just been busy with exams, but now i'm free, hopefully I can stop being lazy and blog soon!

      Delete
  20. nice.
    http://rashi228.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete