Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I like YouTube.

Two years ago, I was one of those people who only went on youtube to listen to music and maybe watch the occasional interviews or movie trailers. A lot of has changed since then! My friend, Twefrence, introduced me to a couple of youtubers and I realised this website is full of entertaining and talented people. So here's a list of some youtubers that I enjoy watching! 


I only started watching Phil and Dan recently. They're friends and they also live together so they often make videos together, which is great! I've spent so much time watching their videos in the past few days. 

      



Nerdz4L ~ catrific

Both of these youtubers are daily vloggers (they record their every-day life). They have separate channels for their daily vlogs: NerdzRL and morecatrific. Cassandra (Nerdz4l) is probably the only daily vlogger I'm willing to watch everyday. As for Cat, I watch her pretty often, she's also the host of the segment 'Non-Expert Advice' on TEENcom which is super cool!

     



charlieissocoollike ~ nerimon

These two are probably the first people I followed on YouTube, thanks to Twefrence. I liked Charlie because he was funny and did/talked about cool stuff in his videos. And I liked Alex for this 'Alex reads Twilight' videos. 

     



vlogbrothers ~ ItsWayPastMyBedTime

Vlogbrothers is the collab channel of brothers Hank Green and John Green. They talk about all sorts of nerdy and cool stuff in these videos and their slogan is DFTBA (don't forget to be awesome). The video below is actually their 1000th video!
I found Carrie (ItsWayPastMyBedTime) through one of Alex's videos and I'm so glad I found her channel because she's amazing. Also, I love her hair!

      


---

Hope you guys watched and enjoyed some of those videos! Do you watch any of these people on YouTube? What other channels do you think I should check out? 

Also, BONUS: if you like the novel Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, or even the movie/TV-series, you should check out The Lizzie Bennet diaries! It's a modernised adaptation of the story and it's SO GOOD! 

LizzieBennet 


  
---

I mentioned the book Fractured Light by Rachel McClellan in my mini reviews post and some of you were interested in it, so just letting you know that I wrote a proper review on it. Check it out if you'd like: Book Review: Fractured Light by Rachel McClellan

41 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one in India watching youtube vloggers. Thank God I'm not! charlieissocoollike and cat and JENNA MARBLESSSS ( Check her out if you haven't yet) are so damn funny. :D YAAAY I'm kinda excited here. :P (I hope I don't come abt to be a creepy person :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm not in India though :P
      Yup I know Jenna Marbles!
      LOL, no, not creepy at all :D

      Delete
  2. Cool, I knew all of them except for Carrie. I found the vlogging community completely by accident and 75% of the time I spend on Youtube is watching them. Nanalew and Meekakitty are good too, more filmmaker like. And I really like the Bennet Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've watched a couple of their videos!
      The Bennet Diaries is the best :D

      Delete
  3. I did get in to Youtubers at one point, and found some that made me laugh. Then, for some reason, I just stopped watching them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, maybe it wasn't your thing, like keeping up with all their videos and stuff.

      Delete
  4. OH MY GOD WOMAN.
    I was supposed to finish going through your post in like 5-7 minutes. I saw the videos, I thought: Oh, I'll watch a few.

    You can probably guess what happened next. By God, time flies when you're having fun.

    And now I really want to just sit down and watch the Lizzie Bennett Diaries x) Awesome post! They're all soooo food! Unfortunately, I don't have time to do the running commentary, like I planned, but you can take my word for it: Lurrrved them all ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I meant so 'good'. I guess I'm hungry x)

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha :D
      Yeah, time flies fast when you're watching all those videos :P

      Yes yes yes, watch it the LBD!
      LOL,the food thing made me laugh :P

      Delete
  5. Hahahha, those are good ones! You should check out community channel too, she's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Youtube's banned in Pakistan for now.
    I don't follow much of the vloggers except davedays and kimmismiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YESSSSSSS! It feels so satisfying to me when I read the comments in the post =P
    I KNOW ALL OF THESE YOUTUBERS! =D

    hahah didn't know you were subbed to dan and phil too. I'm not subbed but I just know them cz youtubers are all related SOMEHOW.
    Ah.. Cat, dno much abt her. She used to work for dailybooth though.

    Jenna and Nat (community channel) hv like similar "styles" but not so much? They both hv skits and stuff but somehow very different ways of making you laugh. They're both excellent. YESSS Shawna and Tessa =D
    Another mindgeek/nanakitty fan in the house =D
    *Holla* =P
    hahaha
    Tessa's haaaaaaaaaair <3

    Dave days, still dno if his miley obsession is real or not =P
    And Kimmi, dno much abt her, hmm wonder if she's back in aussy.

    *I feel like I'm replying your blog comments* =P

    *See what youtube does to me* *eh heh heh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yesss.. and thanks to you, I know all of them too :P (at least the ones mentioned here)

      I really like Dan and Phil :D Found them through Cat... everyone on youtube is somehow connected to each other O.O

      Dave has a Miley obsession? Never would have guessed that :P

      Delete
    2. haha welcome welcome =D
      =P

      ahhh, I know I'm always constantly surprised by how everyone knows everyone @@
      Even in real life =P

      hahha yeah, half of his old vids are all abt Miley =P

      Delete
    3. Yeah, "it's a small world" and all :P

      I actually looked the miley thing up.. wow :P

      Delete
  8. Ah!! I watch these vloggers ALL the time.
    Kevjumba, jenna marbles, kinsley, etc

    I will definitely check these blogs! Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha! i love you tube too! I learned make-up only through youtube! And I don't really watch television these days.. Just youtube videos.ahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha :D
      I don't watch tv too, but that because most of the shows I watch are online :P

      Delete
  10. Haha! I guess I should watch youtube videos more often. But f*ck this slow internet connection x.x haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, first time I've seen you swear :P

      Delete
  11. I used to follow youtubers a lot, like Tobuscus, Charlie and Natalie, but now I find I don't have as much time :( Btw, thanks for the lovely comments on my art, it means a whole lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah... I watch a lot of Starcraft videos on Youtube now. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Imma bookmark this post for future references :D

    Especially when I'm on the verge of death by boredom XD XD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much! I was severly bored when I landed on your blog. :)

    PS: I missed reading your blog! It's good to be back. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're welcome! And glad to have you back :D

      Delete
  15. Youtube really is amazing! I actually haven't heard of these people, but they seem cool. I wish I had more time to watch Youtube videos. Anyways, I've heard a lot about The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. Thanks for sharing the first episode! :)

    P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Twitter | Facebook | Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no problem, hope you like the series :D

      Delete
  16. i love youtube as well! I love Miranda Sings I think she's really funny, she's actually a real singer and model in real life, but her videos are hilarious! :)
    Juliet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh haven't heard of her, might check out her channel soon :)

      Delete
  17. This is just great!
    YouTube(I love the capital T in between. dontcha??) is so vast is hard to find really good stuff... Thank you.
    And yes,you now have another blog-stalker to add to your list!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE DAN AND PHIL! :)
    Followed you, would love for you to follow back! :)

    Love,
    Krittika

    xx

    http://krittikabarua.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Lizzie Bennet Diaries sounds interesting :o . If you like violinists who rock, you could check out Lindsey Stirling, she's an excellent dubstep violinist :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I already know Lindsey Stirling :D

      Delete