Monday, August 27, 2012

Annoying Facebookers #2


File:Facebook.svgSeems like the 'Annoying Facebookers' post I did last year was not enough to cover all the shit that happens on Facebook, so I decided to do another one!


- People who delete statuses and comments.
Basically, they post something stupid and someone comments on it and that makes them realise how retarded it was so they delete it to save themselves the embarrassment.

- Excessive PDA. Couples who communicate via Facebook.
I honestly don't get this one. I mean, it's great that you two are happy and blah blah, but seriously, aren't relationships supposed to be more personal?
I don't get why couples these days are always writing on each others walls or dedicating personal statuses to each other. I mean, if you have something to say, I'm sure you have each others phone numbers. You can have these conversations in private instead of with the rest of the world.

- People who are fake/ attention seekers.
There are so many examples of this but the one that bugs me the most is when people write something like:
"Happy birthday mom, I love you so much, you're the best!", when they don't even have their mom added as a friend on facebook -.-
Please show your love in real life and not on a social media site just to get attention.

- People who are obsessed with their children.
There's nothing wrong with loving your kids but uploading photos of them all day and writing a status about EVERY cute or adorable thing they did that day can get kind of annoying.

- People who fish for compliments.
They upload a photo of themselves and caption it 'no comments, I know its ugly'. Well then you shouldn't have uploaded it in the first place. I usually ignore such people but if baffles me when their friends comment things like 'no way, if ur ugly then what am i?' or 'you're gorg hunny! xx'. (These are actual comments I saw on such a picture last week).

Do you guys find these things anoying too or am I just being overdramatic? :P Anything else that bugs you on Facebook?

----

I finished reading The Perks Of Being A Wallflower. It was amazing, definitely the most quotable book I have read. Have you guys read it? Let me know in the comments what you thought of it! :)

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them" - Stephen Chbosky

40 comments:

  1. Bang on you are. OH yes specially the PDA. GOSH GETS TO ME. I've been wanting to read that book for a while now. Haven't gotten my hands on it yet :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess :/
      You should read it as soon as you find it!

      Delete
  2. "- Excessive PDA. Couples who communicate via Facebook."

    I almost forgot about the "unfriend" option on FB until i read this post. hehe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually don't mind PDA on facebook;it's easier to keep up with all the complex relationships that way:)
    But I do mind people who fish for compliments. I mean SHUT UP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't actually know what PDA is... I went back and read l'other Facebook post, and the funny thing is, I don't even have Facebook yet I hear about this enough to be annoyed ^^

    No seriously, my teacher is forever complaining about people who put up a gazillion photos of their babies (and hubbies) (we think it's just her suppressing her inner-most desires), and and and with #3: have you met an elaborated version of those kinds of people, who not only wish their mother happy birthday when they're not on Facebook, but their mothers would actually be royally peed off if they KNEW their kid was on Facebook?

    Yeah, I know. Stupid on a whole new level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there are some good things about not having a facebook :P but seems like pretty much everyone has an account now.

      Oh gosh, I don't think I know any parents who would be angry cuz a lot of the parents I know are getting facebook too O.O

      Delete
  5. Yes i hate it when people are getting all emotional on Facebook, i mean go mop in your diary or something.. :P
    And the perks of being a wallflower is just wonderful, it is one of my favourite books so far! But then again whenever i read a book it becomes my favourite, i don't i loved the Perks of being a WallFlower.
    'In that moment we were infinite'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yeah :P
      I love love love that quote <3 and that whole scene.

      Delete
  6. Hmm, never heard of that book, I'm reading "Bring me the head of Prince Charming" (highly recommend) but I'm going to check yours as well later :P
    About Facebook, man, where do I begin! I think you've covered all the annoying shit, I just have to agree on everything. Especially the babies, oh lordy how many baby's naked butts do I have to see >.<
    I just want to add "the stalkers". These really creep me out, they like everything and stay in silence for months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that book sounds interesting :P I'll google it!

      Hahahaha, I haven't had to see any butts... yet O.O
      Oh yes! But those don't really annoy me.

      Delete
  7. hahaha
    weeeeee part 2 =D
    My mum actually has a friend who deleted an fb status after being pointed wrong =P
    Hahaha totes abt the PDA thing =P Must.Not.Fall.Into.That.Trap
    ahhh yes, I actually saw the whole "you're the best mum ever happy birthday" thing yesterday but at least she tagged her mum n everything
    AND I hv an ex-teacher that posts loads of pics n statuses abt her child, but the child is SUPER witty tho so it actually is interesting sometimes with the "burn" come backs he can reply with when he's still a toddler.
    As for the whole picture comment thing I don't see them THAT much, I do see a lot of complementing each other kind tho...

    And, the quote, "alot" =P
    hahahha
    Forever imprinted in my brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, don't fall in to it! :P
      Ahh, if she tagged her mom then it's okay, but when they say nice things about someone who they don't even have on fb, then it's pretty pointless.

      hahaha, well I actually copy pasted the quote from goodreads quotes page, so.. not my fault :D

      Delete
  8. Facebook just magnifies all the annoying traits people have...I try and stay off there as much as possible

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have three solutions for this:

    1) Do not add annoying people as friends in the first place.
    2) Unfriend annoying people.
    3) If you don't want to offend an annoying somebody or if that somebody is only annoying in facebook but is quite likable in real life and you do not want to unfriend him/her, then simply unsubscribe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... thanks for the advice! You seem pretty insulted though :P

      Delete
  10. No, you are not being over-dramatic. These things really are a piss off on Facebook. :P And God, what a beautiful quote.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh PDA makes me puke! I think FB as a whole gets on my nerves something serious, but I'm hopelessly addicted. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yeah, despite the fact that so many annoying things happen on fb I'm on it everyday :P

      Delete
  12. haha I am definitely with you on this!! It's so annoying when people post 298474095 photos of their kids/boyfriends and really overshare :\ xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A few months a go my cousin had a go at her in-laws on FB, cussing at them and making them look like satan's spawn. They weren't on FB so they cudnt retaliate. What's worse, she had at least 40 "friends" joining the badmouthing slugfest in full support. It was embarassing for me...wonder why not for her

    Do visit mine
    www.scriptedinsanity.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh :/ That's so not right.
      I'll visit your blog asap.

      Delete
  14. It makes complete sense. But I am guilty as charged of the third point. I post happy birthday statuses for my mom and dad even though they aren't on my list and I don't do it for attention. What I feel is we post useless stuffs all through the day so this two days in a year I want to tell people that I Love my parents. Just my opinion :)

    ❤Not Just My Allegories❤

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've experienced and harassed 4/5 of these people personally. No children yet because most of my friends are too young for that.

    Every time I see someone like this on Facebook, I got out of my way to ruin their status. It makes me feel a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I didn't know that those things were annoying.

    All I did was scroll down to read the next post on my wall, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, ignorance is bliss. But if it happens everyday, it's hard to ignore :P

      Delete
  17. Hahaha these are all so accurate!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You missed those stupid friendship seekers/stalkers who message you every now and then and they poke the life out of you, wanting you to add them and waiting desperately for a poke back. And when you block them they make a new account and begin the stalking once again. Yes such species exist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yes! But I don't get those very often. I mean, I get the random friend requests, but no creepy messages.

      Delete
  19. ahhh love this post so much! I never have, or will be, a Facebooker. :)
    Juliet

    ReplyDelete