Thursday, December 1, 2011

Guest Post by Leah: Decisions


When you're still a baby, everything seems to be so easy. All you have to do is eat, sleep and eat some more. You cry when you're hungry. You get angry when you're wet. Everything's simple.


Then you turn a few years older. You go to school. Some things get complicated. You can't simply cry when youre hungry. You have to make a choice - go to the cafeteria and buy food or wait till you get home and raid the fridge. You just can't cry when someone bullies you. You have to make a choice - report the incident to the principal's office or get ready to give some payback. Some things get complicated.. but it still is fairly easy. You eat, go to school, study, go home, eat, sleep. And the cycle continues..


Then you become an adult. Responsibilities. Complications. Decisions.. And life gets a wee bit harder.


There was this one time, when I was confronted with a dificult decision. To be or not to be. It felt like I was in a square room, locked inside with no key. It was a dark moment for me. And the really sad part, I chose the wrong decision. I did the wrong move. Checkmate.


Lucky for me, with the help of my family.. I was able to crawl out of the very hole I dug up.


In life, we have endless choices. In every crossroad, there are several paths we can take.. but we have to be very careful in choosing one. Because honestly, there is no going back. Yes, we are free to pick a choice we see is right for us. But we have to be ready to answer to them. Think a hundred times before making a decision.. especially those life-altering decisions. Because with every decision we make, there are consequences.


When it comes to decision-making, we have to act like adults. Think. Think. Think. Breathe. Then think again. Because life is different when you're older. It is different from the life you have when you're just a kid in gradeschool, where the hardest decision you could encounter is prolly to decide on what to draw and what color to use.



About the Blogger:


Hi. I'm Leah. I'm boring. I love to smile, though. :) I love pizza and burgers. I love Mickey Mouse and everything Disney. I blog about my life. You could visit me here.. www.iamsuperleah.com. Follow me on Twitter. @leahsayomac. Just a heads-up. I'm a chatterbox on Twitter. My apologies if I flood your timeline. Tata! :)

--
I hope you enjoyed the second guest post because I sure did!
What I liked the most is that I could relate to it, and I think a lot of you can too.
Thank you so much Leah :D

8 comments:

  1. Aw.. Thank you so much for having me, PurpleMist. :) I would love to read and answer all of your readers' comments to my post.

    Again, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to it. I have a niece who is turning 4 years old and every time we talk she always tells me that she wants to grow up. I always talk to her like she's an adult and tell her that she shouldn’t rush growing up, because it's really fun being young. Sometimes when I'm in a perky mood I tell her that I'm willing trade places with her anytime.. haha..Being adult is really tough.

    In making decisions.. Leah is right, we need to take it seriously and think a hundred or so times before we make a move.

    I love this guest post... Don't believe Leah, her life is not boring it's actually interesting. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so true. Wish ko nga student pa lang ko. If I have to live my life again as a student, I'd have all the fun that I can manage.

    Everyday decisions is kinda hard. But that's the beauty of it, each decision that you make will lead you to the life that He wants you to have. A different one would have a huge impact on your life. :)

    Nice guest post, Miss Lea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow simply amazing how you describe the life cycle I like it..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to wish I could be grown up. I take it back now -.-'

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so easy to relate to. So simply carved :)
    Life goes on, times change, and we are forced to grow up..though we all wish we could go back to being the little stubborn kid :)

    Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaah this was a refreshing post and one can so totally relate to it man! Loved it... Aaah I remember yelling I wish I was older and now I wish I could turn back time.. :)

    ReplyDelete