Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Before I Fall.


“You see, I was looking for answers then. I still wanted to know why. As though somebody was going to answer that for me, as though any answer would be satisfying.

Not then, but afterward, I started to think about time, and how it keeps moving and draining and flowing forever forward, seconds into minutes into days into years, all of it leading to the same place, a current running forever in one direction. And we're all going and swimming as fast as we can, helping it along.


My point is: maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around in it, let it slide like coins through your fingers. So much time you can waste it.


But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.”



I absolutely love this quote from a novel I read a few weeks ago. Click the link to find out more about Before I Fall- Lauren Oliver. It's definitely worth reading!

“I guess that's what saying good-bye is always like--like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you're in the air, there's nothing you can do but let go.” 

17 comments:

  1. Ok I haven't read the stuff on the website yet and this is what I assume the story is about just by that phrase you posted:

    She's a girl that is about to die from some sickness? Cancer, maybe?
    But yes, that sentence was pretty darn good.

    Ok I just read the delirium (never heard of that word =P) and somehow it sounds magical =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought-provoking. One should learn to value time and not take it for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love collecting quotes from the book I read. This one is collection worthy. I miss dear. I hope your doing okay now and not too busy with school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twefrence: Hahaha, nope not cancer or anything like that. its not that predictable. you should read it! :D

    Sh@s: Yup :)

    Mayen: Miss reading your blog! Yup I'm fine, but super busy :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love quotes that somehow relates to me :)
    This is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds lovely and thought provoking. Haven't read anything in ages cuz of exams. Will definitely start reading again after exams, starting from this one. Thank you for sharing it =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitively reading this one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ALL of us should live like we've only today. We'd all be better people.

    And definitely checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aman: Me too, and yes it is :)

    A: I have no time to read too, and you're welcome!

    Faryal Hasan: Yay :D

    PeeVee: Yup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have nothing but this very moment :)
    Beautiful!

    Love, ~Moonlight~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wondering about this book. I think I shall find it now. I have an idea for a book that's kinda' similar.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the last quote you have posting. Once we are in the air, we can't do anything.. Hair raising!

    I'll surely check this book out :) I'm in love with the cover :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. ~Moonlight~: Glad you like it :)

    Naomi: Yes yes, read it!

    Philo: Great, and yeah the cover is nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,

    Apologies for the off-topic comment, but I couldn't find a contact email for you.

    I recently put out an ebook of my writing, called 'The New Death and others'. It's a collection of short pieces, mostly dark fantasy.

    I was wondering if you'd be interested in doing a review on your blog.

    If so, please email me: news@apolitical.info. Let me know what file format is easiest for you, and I'll send you a free copy.

    You can download a sample from the ebook's page on Smashwords:

    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/92126

    I'm also happy to do interviews, guest posts, or giveaways. Just let me know what you'd prefer.

    Yours,
    James.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great post..and yet again, love the quote..

    P.s. following you :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. anarchist: I don't have time to read your work, and it doesn't seem to be of my preferred genre, sorry :/

    confused soul: haha thanks :D

    ReplyDelete