Saturday, July 2, 2011

If I Hear This Song Again, Radio Personalities Will Suffer.

A couple of you wanted me to write on this.
My obvious choice for this topic would be:
I could go on and on about why I chose it but I think you already know. And if you don't, you obviously haven't heard the song, so click on the link to listen to it, then you'll know what I mean :)

But then I read the topic again. 'Radio personalities' it says. As long as I can recall, I've never heard Friday on the radio (thank god). So, I thought about it AGAIN.
And you know what? I really don't like the song 'One less lonely girl' by Justin Beiber.

Now, before you start thinking I'm a Justin Beiber hater or something, I'm going to make it clear that I'm not. I may not go out of my way to get a hold of his album or download his songs, but I do respect everything he has achieved, going from being just another youtuber to the celebrity he is now. Plus, I don't hate the rest of his songs as much I hate this one. Actually I do, but for this one, I sort of have a reason.

Before you read this post, you should go listen to the song if you haven't already:
So why do I hate it? Call me an over-exaggerating feminist but I think this song is saying that pretty much all girls in this world are 'lonely' or 'heartbroken' and they need a guy to 'come for them'. No, seriously, that's what the songs says:
Now all i see is you
I'm coming for you im coming for you
Am I the only one who thinks this is creepy? O.O
Also, Beiber makes himself sound like some sort of a God who will totally change this girl's life. Egoistic, much? Who does he think he is?
Oh and one more thing, this song is just wayyy to cheesy for me. I know some cheesy songs can be good, but this is cheesy in the wrong way.

Ok, I'm done dissing :)
Do you like this song?
Does anyone else hate it too? :D
P.S. I know some of you are Justin Beiber fans, so please don't hate me for doing this! :P

20 comments:

  1. i like one less lonely girl! :) it's the first song i heard of justin bieber's. when i heard 'one time' on the radio i was like, "hey why is this girl singing about another girl lololol" but it was JB hahahaha (and that's the first time i heard him on the radio).
    the song that i absolutely despise only due to overplaying is 'fireflies - owl city'. it used to be quirky and cute but then every radio station played it 100000000 times and then it became annoying, so much that i would switch the station whenever it would play. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, Friday grew on me =P
    Just like Nyan cat did =P
    hahah

    Ahh.. Justin Bieber.. (you hv a typo)...I call myself "neutral" abt him but I know I'm more of the "hater" side =P
    Yes, I agree, he's just I guess lucky? I mean there's a lot of other youtubers/musicians out there who are equally as talented as he is but he just was lucky enough to be picked up on.
    Ok, about his songs, first he doesn't write them (does he?) and what's with his whole album (almost) all about girls?
    And like all he is doing is chasing after them or mending their "broken hearts"...

    And I have nvr actaully looked up the lyrics for that =P and yes that's like Edward staring at you through your window in your sleep creepy =P
    hahaha
    (I'm a semi-ex-twilight fan...it's complicated)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog... have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOL. You're awesome. Our marriage shall be tomorrow.
    K, but I don't like that song either xD I think it's WAYYYY too cheesy. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. haven't heard this JB song but then i'm not as young as i once was so maybe i'm just out of the loop


    Everyday Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm.. I'm a JB fan, but not a superfan. LOL.. I love the kid's music, and yeah, the lyrics of the "One Less Lonely Girl" song. Well, they're a wee bit.. cheesy. :P

    Every song is unique.. but when played over and over and over and over (repeat until fade), well, it gets really annoying.. and then you'd never want to listen to it again.

    Rebecca's Friday grew on me.. I dunno how, but it did.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually agree with you and I too respect him for all he has achieved but his voice doesn't really suit the content of his songs. He should sing about how crappy school is or something. Maybe that'll sound less cheesy. LOL :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Furree: haha I knew there would be at least one person commenting they like the song :P
    I think loads of people thought JB was a girl the first time they heard him song :P
    I like Fireflies, sure it's pretty over-played but I still love it :D

    Twefrence: oh yes typo! :P haha nooo you are not neutral at all, you're totally on the hater side :P
    Yeah, all these songs coming from him sound out of place because his voice sounds young and then he's singing about love. Weird :P
    Hahaha I was thinking Edward too, creepiness.

    Mr. Lonely: thanks and I will :)

    Jodie-Anne: haha yayyy finally someone who agrees with me completely :D :D

    Becca: lol it's ok, it's not worth listening to anyways :P

    Leah: yessss, exactly! :D
    Haha seems like Friday has grown on a lot of people :P

    Aaishah: hahahaha yes, or at least not ALL his songs should be about love :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. =_='" that's why i'm not surprised that Marg Helgenberger called JB a brat. He has let fame get to his head. To an alien who has not heard of JB before, it will certainly be a creepy, stalker-ish kind of song. But to some diehard Beliebers, it is the song they have always dreamed of, coming from what they see is the personification of all they can wish for in a hottie. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And unfortunately for some of us, it is some of these beholders who repeat Taylor Swift's 'Today was a Fairytale' every 25.89 minutes that make me just kill the radio whenever that song comes on again. Repetition sucks, but only to those who don't love it enough to hear it again and again and again and again and again... So i say we stick to our MP3 players!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't sing.
    So I'm not going to allow myself to judge Justin B. or Rebecca B.

    But I just got this funny text yesterday..
    An old man once slapped a goat and the goat started saying, "bey bey bey bey"
    Today that goat is known as Justin B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah that's one JB song I don't like. Otherwise, his stuff is pretty okay.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cyn: Hahaha, wow you have thought about this more than I have :P Actually I've never heard that Taylor Swift song on the radio, maybe you should change stations? lol, loved your comment! :D

    Ovais: True. Hahahaha, funny text :P

    Aseela: I could name a few others I don't like. But more importantly, WRITE A BLOG POST, I MISS YOUR BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, JB is a God for most of there girls out there. I don't hate any of his songs nor do I love any. He is just okay. Average. =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha! I don't think I like that song too, but it topped on our music channel for a while. XD.

    postscript. Thank you for the comment, dear. You seem so wise in your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haze: you're welcome and thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those songs! Justin is amazing. I can't believe Rascall Flatts agreed to do the song with him! I love it. Rebecca Black isn't too bad either. But I do love Glee rendition of it better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adrian: Hahaha. I think a lot of people don't really dislike Rebecca anymore.

    ReplyDelete