Sunday, November 7, 2010

My NaNoWriMo Experience #1

I began my NaNoWriMo journey more than a week ago. I had planned to write a blog post at the end of each week so I can keep you updated but the whole rushing-to-reach-the-word-count thing is a lot more stressful than I imagined.

So I decided to fill you in on my progress right now since I'm procrastinating yet again. I've learnt that people have tried different ways to approach this challenge. Some write a little bit on weekdays, then a whole lot more on weekends. Which seems like a pretty good idea for people who have school/work to attend. But I'm free from all that this month so I'm going for the equal daily goal approach.

In order to get 50,000 words by the 30th of November I need to write at least 1667 words everyday. I've had some ups and downs so far but it's going great. That is, if I don't count the fact that I haven't even written 500 words today. Hopefully since it's only around 1.30 a.m right now and I woke up pretty late, I can stay up and get to my today's goal which is 13,336 words. Sounds like a lot but hopefully I'll get it done tonight!

A good website which I came across to avoid writer's block (especially during NaNoWriMo) is Write or Die. It really forces you to write without going back and editing. Try it!

Anyways, I should stop talking and get back to the novel. Next post will be published when I get the time!

Current Stats:
Over-all goal: 50,000
Words so far: 11,912
Words remaining: 38,088

Words I need to write before I sleep or else I will feel like shit tomorrow: 1424
*Bangs head against wall*

2 comments: