Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My NaNoWriMo Experience #4 (Final post)

A week ago I thought there was no freaking way I could reach 50k. I was far too behind my word goals.

But guess what?

I DID IT!
I WROTE 50K!

I'm so happy that I can't stop looking at the NaNo site and forums because to be honest, I still can't believe that I actually did it. I guess staying up all night just staring at the laptop screen and typing furiously without any distractions really helps!

This won't be a long post so moving on...

There were so many things which discouraged me but something I did to keep myself motivated was change the wallpaper of my iPod screen so that it reads my word goals for the day. As silly as it sounds, I think it actually helped. Here are a few of those wallpapers:



I know I went a little crazy with the last one. But it was 50k, I couldn't help it!

Anyways, now that this crazy month is over I'm just so relieved. Congratulations to all Wrimos who won and to those who didn't, you should be proud of yourself for trying! A gigantic thank you to all my followers who commented on my blog to wish me good luck and gave me great advice. And of course all my friends who helped me stay on track!


13 comments:

  1. haha. you sound like you're accepting an award =P still CONGRATS =D
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha.. yeah, i'm just too happy =P Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome!!! it's a great feeling, is it not? i'm still not finished...i've got a few more hours though hehe.

    don't let the end of november be the end of your writing!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great, congrats! That must feel pretty darn good to have it all done with :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Are you planning to CreateSpace it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. becca: Thank you :)

    SoaringEagle: It sure is! And don't worry I won't, the novel is no where near complete :D

    Ashley: Thanks and yeah it does :)

    theVibeGirl: Thank you! I'm not sure about that yet because I'm still working on the novel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha. i know you could do it. if not u wouldnt be my sis.
    hah jokes

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you! I was hoping you were going to get 50,000!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should totally CreateSpace it. You have until July next year I think? Because I want to CS mine and it's nowhere near done as well, I'm looking at that as my next deadline. I have 7ish months to finish what I've begun. Then that gives me a couple of months to prep for the next Nano!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mer_Melody: I'll have to think about it, I hadn't heard of CreateSpace until a few weeks ago so I still don't know what it's all about.
    Good luck with your novel!

    ReplyDelete